One of the great benefits of the CrossFit Open is that it tracks the workouts for you. Every year, Dave Castro (the guy who comes up with the terrible workouts we perform) gives us an opportunity to repeat a workout from a previous year. This year that opportunity was 17.4 (which was 16.4). We had the following improvements from our athletes:
- Stephanie Ma Scaled in 2016 and got 16 hand release push ups(s-181), this year she finished the row (165 RX 12:57). A HUUUUUGE improvement!
- Lindsey C got 187 reps in 2016 and 206 in 2017, a 19 rep PR!
- John G got 96 reps in 2016 and 110 in 2017, a 14 rep PR!
- Rion M got 165 reps in 2016 and 178 in 2017, a 13 rep PR!
- Matt F got 172 reps in 2016 and 183 in 2017, an 11 rep PR!
- Kayla S got 170 reps in 2016 and 191 in 2017, an 11 rep PR!
- Adam S got 165 reps in 2016 and 175 in 2017, a 10 rep PR!
- Ashley S got 168 reps in 2016 and 177 in 2017, a 9 rep PR!
- Kelli B got 166 reps in 2016 and 174 in 2017, an 8 rep PR!
- Kieran H got 166 reps in 2016 and 170 in 2017, a 4 rep PR!
- Erika B got 176 reps in 2016 and 180 in 2017, a 4 rep PR!
- JR G got 191 reps in 2016 and 195 in 2017, a 4 rep PR!
- Lauren Y got 175 reps in 2016 and 178 in 2017, a 3 rep PR!
- Corey H got 189 reps in 2016 and 190 in 2017, a 1 rep PR!
- Nick W got 180 reps in 2016 and 180 in 2017, but got a tie break PR of 19 seconds!
Two things I want to point out here:
- These improvements validate our programming and what we do here at CrossFit Craft, if everyone was getting worse or staying exactly the same we would need to change something.
- The Open and the CrossFit Games website might be the only workouts some athletes track all year! You can track your own workouts and monitor your own improvements throughout the year and we encourage you to do so!
There are several ways to track your workouts:
- Old School - Pen and paper, grab a notebook and write down your results each day
- Semi Old School - Several companies sell pre populated books that you can track your workouts in (Contact a coach if you are interested in this).
- Zen Planner - On your Zen Planner Mobile App click the "3 dots" in the top-left corner, click "workouts", from there you can log CrossFit Craft daily programming as well as the "benchmarks" (found in the library). (Contact a coach if you are interested in this).
- Coach Nick has been using Beyond the Whiteboard, you have to create your own workouts but it tracks several different aspects of your Fitness, (Contact coach Nick if you have any interest in this)